For maximum results, spend four weeks prior to your competition spray appointment exfoliating with a sugar scrub(recipe below), and moisturizing your body, every other day, unless your used to daily exfoliation. The DAY OF your spray tan, DO NOT MOISTURIZE – use a quick baking soda paste(mix baking soda with a little water to make a paste) after shaving and washing your hair and body with a non moisturizing soap. Be sure to rinse it all off. Below are instructions to properly exfoliate:
Note: Those with mature or excessively dry skin may apply Liquid Sun Rayz Daily Moisturizer before being sprayed. This is the ONLY moisturizer we can guarantee a positive result. You can purchase these products on Liquidsunrayz.com website directly.
** If you use a tanning bed for a base tan DO NOT BURN! We cannot fix peeling skin and you will not have a good look on stage once spray tanned. Summer is great for a natural tan but beware of tan lines! They are extremely hard to cover. choose a suit that wont leave bad lines.
"Peak week" For your competition tan make sure to have been exfoliating for a couple weeks already with your sugar scrub!" Do Not Use Any Bar Soaps one week prior to your competition! Wednesday after using your sugar scrub wash entire body with the baking soda paste. Friday eliminate the scrub, a non moisturizing gel soap for shaving or shaving cream, and any shampoo for your hair. Use the baking soda paste right after this before your spray tan.
PREFERRED SUGAR SCRUB RECIPE: Room Temperature solid coconut oil with granulated sugar mixed very thick. Add a few pumps of Liquid acne wash like Walmart brand.OR baby shampoo this will make it creamy- Mix together
1) Using Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Sugar Scrub, or PREFERRED homemade sugar scrub, gently exfoliate from head to toe, with nylon exfoliating gloves or a nylon mesh cloth. Do this every couple days or daily if your skin is used to exfoliation. You may also shave using the sugar scrub as it starts to emulsify. Make sure to scrub your back too!! Moisturize DAILY
2) . Pay special attention to your knees, elbows, hands, feet and heels. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb, the more flawless/dark your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your competition.
*Avoid all loofa/loofah gloves, pads and sponges.
3) Shaving It is suggested that you have shaved the morning of, ALL WAXING completed at least 72 hours prior if you're accustomed to waxing. Otherwise, wax 7-10 days before your spray tan appointment. Be sure to use hard wax as sometimes strip wax rips off your skin and you will look like a tiger with stripes that darken when the color develops. You cannot shave after your color is applied until after your competition.
4) DO NOT put on any lotion, make-up, deodorant, perfume or cologne, the day of or After your spray tan application. Ladies will be able to apply make up on show day; if we spray tan your face be sure to wipe it off before applying makeup. These products will raise the skin's ph and turn your armpits and body green!
5) Painting the fingernails and toenails with a clear polish will avoid staining of the nails.
6) After the tan applications bring either a satin robe, or over sized shirt and yoga pants with flip-flops. Avoid anything with fleece (sweatshirt or sweat pants). Silky fabrics are best because they glide over your skin and won't disrupt the development of the solution. Avoid stiff tight fabrics!! Avoid Zippers, snaps and buttons! In rainy weather bring an umbrella. Bring a towel to protect your seats in your car after the tan.
7) Women can be sprayed nude. Please remember to bring a tie, or clip to keep hair off your shoulders and neck. We will provide a cap for you to wear. Men competing in men’s physique may wear underwear, classic physique & Body building men should be sprayed nude, for best results.
8) The actual spray tanning session takes about 5-10 minutes for the application and another 10-20 minutes to complete the drying process. You will feel slightly sticky for about 2-4hours until completely dry.
9) After your color has been applied, please plan to sleep in Yoga pants and a long sleeve shirt. This will eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep. Or the double processing of skin that is touching skin ie. like legs together. If the color double processes it gets really dark in that area and can't be fixed with a touchup.
10) DO NOT SHOWER, unless advised to or put on any deodorant, perfume/cologne until AFTER your competition.
Competitors scheduled with Center stage tan assume ALL risk to any hotel property, not limited to soiling of linens. (Please be respectful and bring an extra set of sheets and towels)
**PLEASE ALSO NOTE
If using another company's tanning product it is important that it be rinsed off the skin before being sprayed by US. Please discuss the use of ANY other tanning products used BEFORE your appointment with us. We are NOT responsible for poor results with mixing of products that we are unaware of. I have developed these specific skin prep instructions to ensure you receive a flawless tan for your competition. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding these instructions.