For maximum results, spend four weeks prior to your competition spray
Below are instructions to properly exfoliate:
"Peak week-The week prior to your competition" For your competition tan make sure to have been exfoliating for a couple weeks already with your EXFOLIATING TOWEL OR sugar scrub and MOISTURIZING DAILY! Do Not Use Any Bar Soaps one week prior to your competition! Wednesday after using your Homemade sugar scrub or exfoliating towel wash entire body with the baking soda paste (mix baking soda with a little water to make a paste). Thursday time permitting take an Epsom Salt bath. Friday for men use clippers to remove hair unless you are used to using a razor, eliminate the sugar scrub, you may use the exfoliating towel with a non- moisturizing gel soap, and any shampoo for your hair. Use the baking soda paste right after this before your spray tan. DO NOT put on any lotion, make-up, deodorant, perfume or cologne, the day of or After your spray tan application. Ladies will be able to apply make up on show day; if we spray tan your face be sure to wipe it off before applying makeup. These products will raise the skin's ph and turn your armpits and body green!
HOMEMADE SUGAR SCRUB RECIPE: 1/4 cup Room Temperature solid coconut oil with 3/4 -1 cup granulated sugar mixed very thick. If desired add a few pumps of Liquid acne wash like Walmart brand OR baby shampoo this will make it creamy- Mix together
EXFOLIATING TOWEL OPTION: Here is a link to purchase a recommended exfoliating towel- EXFOLIATING TOWEL *Avoid all loofa/loofah gloves, pads and sponges. This will create small scratches that will darken with the tan.
STEPS 4 weeks prior to your competition
1) Using your HOMEMADE SUGAR SCRUB, get into the shower wet your skin. Turn off the shower and gently exfoliate from head to toe, with nylon exfoliating gloves & sugar scrub. If you are using the EXFOLIATING TOWEL use with your favorite shower gel, no need to use the sugar scrub. Do this every couple of days. Pay special attention to your collar bone area, back, and abdominal area. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb, the more flawless/dark your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your competition. YOU SHOULD Moisturize DAILY
2) Shaving It is suggested that you have shaved the morning of. ALL WAXING completed at least 72 hours prior if you're accustomed to waxing. Otherwise, wax 7-10 days before your spray tan appointment. Be sure to use hard wax as sometimes strip wax rips off your skin and you will look like a tiger with stripes that darken when the color develops. You cannot shave after your color is applied until after your competition. MEN that are not used to using a razor on their body can use body clippers!
3) Painting your fingernails and toenails with clear polish will avoid staining of the nails. IMPORTANT FOR MEN!!
4) IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TAN Bring either a satin robe, or over sized polyester shirt and loose polyester pants or shorts with flip-flops. Avoid anything with fleece (sweatshirt or sweat pants). Silky fabrics are best because they glide over your skin and won't disrupt the development of the solution. Avoid stiff tight fabrics!! Avoid Zippers, snaps and buttons! In rainy weather bring an umbrella. Bring a towel to protect your seats in your car after the tan.
7) Women will be sprayed nude. Remember to bring a hair clip. We will provide a cap for you to wear. Men competing in Men's Physique may wear underwear, Classic and BB will be sprayed nude for best results.
8) The actual spray tanning session takes about 5-10 minutes for the application and another 10-20 minutes to complete the drying process. You will feel slightly sticky for about 2-4 hours until completely dry.
9) SLEEPING with your Tan, please plan to sleep in Yoga or WO pants and a long sleeve tighter fitting polyester shirt. This will eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep. Or the double processing of skin that is touching skin ie. like legs together. If the color double processes it gets really dark in that area and can't be fixed with a touch-up.
10) DO NOT SHOWER, unless advised to or put on any deodorant, perfume/cologne until AFTER your competition.
** It is advised to use a tanning bed once or twice a week just to activate your melanin. If you use a tanning bed for a base tan DO NOT BURN! We cannot fix peeling skin and you will not have a good look on stage once spray tanned. Summer is great for a natural tan but beware of tan lines! They are extremely hard to cover. choose a suit that won't leave bad lines.
Competitors scheduled with Center stage tan assume ALL risk to any hotel property, not limited to soiling of linens. (Please be respectful and bring an extra set of sheets and towels)
**PLEASE ALSO NOTE
We are NOT responsible for poor results with mixing of products that we are unaware of. It is rare but I have seen it more recently. It's a skin fungus that we won't see until after the tan develops. It comes from the benches at gyms. Unfortunately we can't fix it. It will have the appearance of very dark circles in the skin. You will need to see a dermatologist if this happens to you.
I have developed these specific skin prep instructions to ensure you receive a flawless tan for your competition. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding these instructions.