Start EXFOLIATING and MOISTURIZING at least 4 weeks prior to Event:
"Peak week" -The week prior to your competition
You should be exfoliating for a couple weeks already!
- Monday-Wednesday - Exfoliate and moisturize. It is important to only use specific products this week (or we can't guarantee the level of darkness you will achieve) Use discount code CST10 for 10% off all LSR products. Links to suggested products are provided. Do not use store Bar Soaps! The only approved bar soap is Rayz charcoal soap
- Thursday - No Moisturizers! It is suggested to take an Epsom Salts bath. (This will dry your skin out perfectly to get super dark)
- Friday - No Moisturizers! Eliminate the sugar scrub. You can shave at this time. you may use the exfoliating towel with a non- moisturizing gel soap, we suggest Liquid Sun Rayz Ph Balance Body Wash, and any shampoo for your hair. Use a baking soda paste (Mix baking soda with water to make a lotion type consistency) after you are done washing, shaving etc this is the last thing to go on your skin before your spray tan. Rub it all over your body paying special attention to your arm pits, RINSE it OFF. DO NOT put on any lotion, make-up, deodorant, perfume or cologne, the day of or After your spray tan application. If you have extremely dry or mature skin you can use the Liquid Sun Rayz Body Lotion this is the only lotion advised to use only BEFORE your tan. Ladies will be able to apply make up on show day; if we spray tan your face be sure to wipe it off before applying makeup. These products will raise the skin's ph and turn your armpits and body green!
Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Body Scrub Use the code CST10 for 10% off all products. For those who choose not to make their own.
HOMEMADE SUGAR SCRUB RECIPE: 1/4 cup Room Temperature solid coconut oil with 1 cup granulated sugar mixed very thick. If desired add a few pumps of Liquid acne wash like Walmart brand OR baby shampoo this will make it creamy- Mix together This is approved for Peak Week.
IF USING ANY OTHER BRAND SUGAR SCRUB: Use caution as this might coat your skin and the color will not absorb into the skin. It will act as a barrier. AVOID using this 2-3 weeks prior to the competition
EXFOLIATING TOWEL OPTION: Here is a link to purchase a recommended exfoliating towel EXFOLIATING TOWEL *Avoid all loofa/loofah gloves, pads and sponges. This will create small scratches that will darken with the tan.
PRE & POST TAN INSTRUCTIONS:
1) 4-6 weeks prior to your competition start Using the SUGAR SCRUB, get into the shower wet your skin. Turn off the shower and gently exfoliate from head to toe. Using an exfoliating towel, or gloves. Do this every time you shower. Pay special attention to your collar bone area, back, and abdominal area. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb, the more flawless/dark your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your competition. YOU SHOULD Moisturize DAILY! Any Moisturizer will be fine at this point. OR Liquid Sun Rayz Body Lotion
2) Shaving It is suggested that you have shaved the morning of. ALL WAXING completed at least 72 hours prior if you're accustomed to waxing. Otherwise, wax 7-10 days before your spray tan appointment. Be sure to use hard wax as sometimes strip wax rips off your skin and you will look like a tiger with stripes that darken when the color develops. You cannot shave after your color is applied until after your competition. MEN that are not used to using a razor on their body can use body clippers!
3) Painting your fingernails and toenails with clear polish will avoid staining of the nails. IMPORTANT FOR MEN!!
4) Women will be sprayed nude. Remember to bring a hair clip. We will provide a cap for you to wear. Men competing in Men's Physique may wear underwear, Classic and BB will be sprayed nude for best results.
5)The actual spray tanning session takes about 5-10 minutes for the application and another 10-20 minutes to complete the drying process. You will feel slightly sticky for about 2-4 hours until completely dry.
6) IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TAN Bring either a silky robe, or over sized poly shirt and loose poly pants or shorts with flop-flops. avoid anything with fleece (sweatshirt or sweat pants) Silky fabrics are best because they glide over your skin and won't disrupt the development of the solution. Avoid red clothing or stiff tight fabrics! Avoid tank tops, bras, underware, Avoid Zippers, snaps and buttons! In rainy weather bring an umbrella. Bring a towel to protect your seats in your car after the tan.
7) SLEEPING with your Tan, After your tan is dry please plan to sleep in form fitting Yoga or WO pants and a long sleeve tighter fitting polyester shirt. Loose clothes will bunch up and can create lines in the skin. This will also eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep; Or the double processing of skin that is touching skin ie. like legs together. If the color double processes it gets really dark in that area and can't be fixed with a touch-up. The color is active while it is processing for up to 8 hours if you touch yourself often the color will transfer to your hands and will be impossible to get off.
8) DO NOT SHOWER, unless advised to Or put on any deodorant, until after your competition.
** It is advised to use a tanning bed once or twice a week just to activate your melanin. If you use a tanning bed for a base tan DO NOT BURN! We cannot fix peeling skin and you will not have a good look on stage once spray tanned. Summer is great for a natural tan but beware of tan lines! They are extremely hard to cover. choose a suit that won't leave bad lines.
Competitors scheduled with Center stage tan assume ALL risk to any hotel property, not limited to soiling of linens. (Please be respectful and bring an extra set of sheets and towels)
**PLEASE ALSO NOTE
It is rare but I have seen it more recently. It's a skin fungus that we won't see until after the tan develops. It might come from the mats or benches at gyms. Unfortunately we can't fix it. It will have the appearance of very dark circles in the skin. You will need to see a dermatologist if this happens to you.
I have developed these specific skin prep instructions to ensure you receive a flawless tan for your competition. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding these instructions.